10.30.2009

LEGO USSR 11

Photobucket

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, prolific Russian writer, was among the first to tell the world about the Gulags in Siberia. While speaking out against the USSR, he was not in favor of democracy as an alternative, as the Russian character is theoretically not suitable for Western-style republicanism. He died a few years ago.

Photobucket

Happy Halloween! Tomorrow, Nikki and I are going to a Halloween/Birthday party as Steam-Punk Pirates. I'll post pics soon after. Our costumes are pretty awesome.

Photobucket

Jp, his girlfriend Megan, and I've taken the plunge and bought studio space at the Steven's Square Center for the Arts, a Minneapolis arts organization. Rent's reasonable, distance not outrageous, and what I'm excited about is a space where if I get the floor a little messy, it won't be a big deal. I'm hoping to get back into painting and charcoal drawing!

TTYL!

No comments: