10.18.2009

LEGO USSR 8

Photobucket

Vladimir Putin, in his KGB days. This, if my research isn't totally bogus, is what a KGB's Class-A looked like. I gave him a AK-47 cause Putin looks badass with heavy artillery.

I've gotten the next few of these lined up, and I'm close to finishing this series. The next one I'm plotting is "Indigenous Peoples," focusing on minority ethnic groups, such as the Sami (Lapp), Utari (Ainu), Khakassians, Hmong/Mong/Miao, and Australian Aboriginal. I'll include a few Native Americans for good measure.
You might notice multiple versions of the groups names, including ones they might take exception to, but I'm including them to help people who might be more familiar with that name, and encourage them to use the preferred nomenclature.
In choosing, I'm going to only include groups that still exist, have a distinctive cultural costume or flourish, and at least one from each continent.

More to come!

TTYL!

No comments: